- Number of Korean Tech Corps (KTC): 20-30 Koreans are expected to be hired as IDB consultants.
- Team: KTC will work as a consultant of the Competitiveness, Technology and Innovation (CTI) Division within the Institutions for Development (IFD) Department of the IDB.
- Length: 12 months.
- Structure: The Korea Tech Corps Program will be structured in the following phases.
1. On-site training in LAC (1-3 months)*: On-boarding training, language learning, cultural adaptation and obtaining of knowledge of the Bank’s activities in the country.
2. Professional activities in LAC (9-11 months)*: Support ICT-related projects in LAC countries and/or develop ICT-based solutions tailored to specific business needs of the IDB’s partner institutions (public agencies or private companies) under their respective innovation agenda.
* The duration of these phases may vary depending on the profile of each candidate to be identified.
Location of Work
- Countries:Argentina, Barbados, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay are expected host countries.
- Host institutions: Korean Tech Corps (KTC) will be hired by IDB Country Offices as IDB Consultant and be deployed to the IDB’s partner institutions (public agencies or private companies). The Specialist at the Competitiveness, Technology and Innovation (CTI) Division in Country Office will support professional immersion of KTC and supervise their activities.
- Hands-on experience in ICT-related projects in LAC
- Networking with international and local experts under the coordination of the IDB
- Career-building in the international development field with an ICT focus
- Cultural and professional immersion in a LAC country
- Competitive fee and applicable benefits under the IDB’s policy, including travel from and to Korea, local language program and other related expenses
- Age: The maximum age will be 37 years old at the moment of the application to the program.
- Education and experience: Master’s degree with ICT background is preferred. The minimum requirement is Bachelor’s degree with ICT background and at least 3 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education can be substituted for professional experience for Master’s degree applicants.
* Background requirement will be adapted to accommodate the specific demand of participating public agencies or private companies in LAC countries.
- Language: Proficiency in English. A knowledge of Spanish or other official languages of the IDB is desirable but not required.
- Nationality: Citizen of Korea with no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
- Job announcement: February 2018
Job opportunities will be announced in HRD Korea’s platform – www.worldjob.or.kr
- Interview: April 2019
- Selection: April 2019
- Deployment: June 2019